Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Week

We have had a wonderful and full Semana Santa ( Spring Break) here in Gines, Spain.
(I will be adding more photos during the week for you to see.)

We Started the week off camping. After returning, we continued the fun by having the Whittens and our precious friend, Anna Hanchett over for a meal and egg dying session. Yesterday, we went to the country to a wonderfully rustic cottage in the woods with our friends the Castillo/Clancys and the Whittens. There, we all brought dishes to share, had a BBQ, egg hunt, and lots of conversation and play!

Today, we woke up and saw that the Easter Bunny indeed had stopped by. Then we had Easter service and a meal with The Hanchetts at their home. Donna and I were cooking for: 4 teenage boys, 2 girls, my four kiddos, our husbands, and us. So..... needless to say, we prepared ALOT of food! Green bean Feta and Walnut salad, Couscos salad, carrot salad, potatoe salad, BBQ Chicken, roasted veggies, BBQ ribs, bread, cobbler, brownies, and of course, all topped off with chocolate eggs!
It was quite the feast!

The afternooon was filled with soccer (for big and little boys), lots of running and games of chase.
Somehow I think I got the easier end of the deal because Donna and I made coffee and got a chance to sit and visit ( uninterupted!) While we did that, Greg, John, and my Anna played with the kiddos. ( Thanks Anna.. I always appreciate your love for my wee ones..)

Now this was my kinda day: good food, good friends, afternoon coffee over a visit, and chocolate eggs!
I hope your Easter was as fun and precious to each of you too.

Love,
Jenny

No comments: