This our 6 year old Aden and one of his best buddies Luis, taking a walk after the Easter egg hunt! I love watching my kiddos play, talk, and interact with each other and their friends. ( these two have been best of friends since they were babies!!!) Their conversations are usually full of whimsical delight- just as childhood should be!Watching them head off onto the path together, I wondered what their little conversation included? Perhaps how they enjoyed the egg hunt, or how much they would enjoy eating their chocolate eggs, or you know.. perhaps current ( six year old) world afairs!!
None the less, I am quite sure it was enlightening and full of joy!
My kiddos, have a way of reminding me of this daily, having unabandoned joy! It comes so natural and is so readily embraced by them, just as Christ longs for each of us to be full of.
That is what I am working towards, having unabandoned joy. As I watch my four sweet ones live this out each day, they continue to be a wonderful example for me in seeking joy!
I thank them and am encouraged by each of them for these daily lessons.
Psalm 16:11 You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Love,
Jenny

No comments:
Post a Comment