It is almost Spring here in Andalucia, Spain. One of the most amazing tell-tell signs is the smell thats in the air. The fragrance of the orange tree blossoms! I really wish I could put a little "scratch and sniff" right here on the blog, as I am sure you would enjoy the sweet perfumed aroma that is so common this time of year.This smell is to Spring here, as apple pie (baking in the oven), is to Fall. Wonderful!!!
If you look carefully at the picture above ( that John took), you can see the little tiny white blossoms. This tiny flower is what smells so wonderful. The oranges are so pretty too. They are stictly agricultural though. You cannot ( and would not!) want to eat them.
This is such a very typical Spanish sighting right now, the streets lined with blooming orange trees. I wish you were to here with us, to see and smell for yourself!!!
Love,
Jenny

No comments:
Post a Comment