One of my most precious, is my Mom's Grilled Cheese sandwich. Very good. Very simple. But the "right " ingredients that my Mom used are what makes it "hers." And to me, there is no other! When I was a young girl, she and I would make this together. such comfort, for so many reasons.
She always used good quality whole wheat bread ( aka: Oroweat.) Real butter, real cheddar cheese ( off the block!) and last but not least, real Mayonaise.
So..... when I made them last night for our kiddos, I was not surprised to me when my boys ate three each!
Mom's Grilled Cheese
Love: Jenny Burdge
Good quality whole wheat bread
Cheddar cheese, cut in slices off the block
Real Butter
Real Mayo
Heat skillet and place a big dollop of butter into the skillet and melt.
Spread generous layer of mayo on each slice on bread. Place and even more generous amount of cheddar cheese on one slice. Top with the other slice of bread. Cook in skillet.
Flip as each side becomes golden, buttery brown...
Sit and enjoy!
Love,
Jenny

No comments:
Post a Comment