Monday, April 28, 2008

Silk Worms

Here they are! No, no,no The Burdge's haven't added the16th pet to our house (well, not yet anyway....) Seriously, we are growing silkworms.

Everyday, we are watching them, feeding them Mulberry leaves, and writing /drawing in our journal of what we see growing and changing.

So far, we have many little worms, and one yellow silk cocoon. Alec and Audrey have decided on who is the "Daddy Silk worm and the "Mommy Silk worm."

This Mommy, could totally live without the whole "there are tiny, live, crawling worms in my house thing............."
But, the enjoyment I get in watching my kiddos learn is worth a few arm goosebumps!

Love,
Jenny

2 comments:

Stacey said...

oooooew! my fellow teachers MADE me do those when i taught K...hated every minute of it. I know, I know, it's not all about me!
sorry i haven't emailed lately...know i love you and can't wait to see you!

Unknown said...

that looks like a LOT of fun...