
Well, many of you know that down in the Great Republic of Texas, we are really into our beans. Thats right, we eat them just about anyway we can: Baked Beans, BBQ beans, Pork & Beans, pinto beans, Ham & Beans, refried beans, chili, bean soups, Red Beans & Rice, black beans, black eyes, or if you like my Dad and I, you love to eat them right out of the can!!! The list really could go on and on..( and it would make my Dad and Grandpa so very proud.)
Anyway, we just love them! Plus, they are inexpensive, easy to buy, full of protein, high in fiber, and high in.... well.... you know....
So, hence the reason for my post. I have learned that a few of my friends, whom are not from Texas ( but, let's not hold that against them...) who didn't know a little secret of what I will call the "Magical Carrot."
When preparing the bean dish of your choice, simply add a whole carrot to the pot. When the dish is done cooking, just take out that carrot and discard ( or give it to someone you really don't like!) And guess what? Its takes all the ( sorry..) gas out of the beans! AMAZING!
My precious girlfriend, Donna and I had this discussion not too long ago. Well, this Tuesday, she made a bean pot and she tried the "Magical Carrot."
Needless to say she was elated ( and amazed) at the resulting benefits!!!!
Needless to say she was elated ( and amazed) at the resulting benefits!!!!
Love,
Jenny

2 comments:
You never cease to amaze me. I have always used baking soda and have met moderate results, will have to give the magical carrot a go.
Actually this is Mom using Jenny's computer.
Post a Comment