Thursday, April 17, 2008

God's timing

I am writing briefly tonight sharing a little something with you, with a heavy heart.
Today, my Arian called me ( as we were waiting for Audrey at dance) on the cell phone and told me some sad news.

We have some neighbors who have 3 children ( ages 14,12, 8.) the Mom has been sucessfully fighting cancer for a few years now.
Well, the oldest son came to our house today to tell Arian that " his mom died on Tuesday....." ( as his eyes filled up with tears..) Her fight with cancer was finally over.

My heart is breaking for this family. I have been thinking and praying for them continually. It must be unimaginable for them.

At about 10:30 pm tonight (after grocery shopping), I drove by their house. Seeing the lights on through the windows, I just stopped the car and prayed. My mind raced with a flood of thoughts:

I wondered how that precious husband was doing tonight, going to bed alone. How empty he must be feeling without her their with him. I thought about the days, weeks, and months ahead of him, and the huge task beofre him, raising his three children now, alone.
I thought about those sweet young teenage boys and how they were sleeping. Wondering how that little 8 year old girl would feel waking up in the morning and not having her Mama there to fix her hair?
Just sitting and thinking of the four of them, as they are trying to grasp the uncomprehensible, that their wife and mama was gone forever?
I just sat and tried visualizing how this family was going to continue on without her.......

Life is so precious. It is a gift from God.

My prayer tonight is that we would each know and understand the love of our Lord and Savior. So that when it is our time for homecoming, and we are face to face with Jesus, we would be able to leave our families with the comfort and precious gift of the perfect knowledge, the knowledge beyond all understanding. The knowledge of Jesus Christ. The giver of life!

Ohh, how I pray this family would grow in this perfect understanding. I pray that God would comfort their hearts and reveal himself clearly through their painful loss.


Love,
Jenny

No comments: