This is a "finca"( land out in the countryside.) This particular one is located near Aracena, Spain. Some sweet friends of ours rented this for a weekend a little while back, and invited us out for a picnic. What a delight!It is a traditional old, rustic, and very quaint farmhouse. So, if your like me and really into decorating, this was one big day of "ohh, I love this, and........ahhhhh, that is just so rustic and charming, and ohh honey, could you just get a picture of this, and that, for my decorating journal?" ( he is so patient I tell you, that husband of mine.........)
Anyway, the house is probably a few hundred years old. Homes then ( and now actually..) are almost always painted white, made of concrete, and therefore able to stay cool in the summer, but naturally are draftly in the winter. The roof is done in traditional Spanish tile.
The patio has a typical shaded area made out of wood and twigs. This is an absolute to a home here in Andalucia. This shade helps provide protection from the heat in the summer. ( Yes its true, it will reach 128 degrees F.)
It sure is a very beautiful place and we so enjoyed our time there.
Love,
Jenny

2 comments:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
I'm so glad it doesn't get that hot in Rota! whew.
Post a Comment