Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Embracing Interuptions

"We recieve interuptions from Him. Without Him, our day becomes hurried and frustrating.
We miss opportunities sent by Him."

(From "Mission of Motherhood" by Sally Clarkson.)


I just love this quote from Sally Clarkson. I have to say that I have been quilty at times of letting the ( thousands!) of little daily interuptions irritate or frazzle me ( and my "agenda"), rather than letting them teach me. I have in fact, missed sweet daily opportunities that were sent through my children from the Lord. Opportunities to grow closer to Him, to them, to learn more about those around me, the beauty of nature, and the simple joys of life!

My prayer for us as Mommies, Grandmas, and Aunts, is that we embrace the daily "interuptions" as divine appointments with our Lord.

May we embrace the ability to stop and really listen to the questions, play the games teach the lessons, share their experiences/joys and sorrows. For instance in our house, here are just a few of the questions I had in the last hour:
" Mommy, are bears mean?"
"Mommy, how long will bubble gum stick inside my tummy?"
"Mommy, do sharks like blue or green ocean water best?"
"Mom, will the world really end one day?"
" Mom, am I going to die?"
(the questions do get harder I am learning!!!)

I have to say that during my day, stopping to love on and train my children ( at times) can be tedious and exhausting! Sometimes, there are about a million other things I feel like need to be doing rather than helping someone handle a disagreement, or watching one as he does his chores correctly, or slowing down and letting our five year old make the bed, the best he can!
Other times its me dying to what I want and doing something for my kiddos. I am sure all of you can so relate to the end of the day, the little ones are in bed and an older one wants some time with you alone. "Hey Mom! How about if we watch a Brady Bunch in your bed together tonight?" Dont get me wrong, I cherish these precious times, but I sometimes have to be careful that I dont respond with an "ohh, not tonight...Mabey tomorrow!" ( to suit my own agenda!!!)

This is when I have to stop and have my heart check...
Looking out for those opportunities, that I do not want to miss!
Opportunities that were sent just to me, from my sweet Lord!!!

Love,
Jenny

No comments: