Thursday, July 23, 2009

Penne Alla Vodka

This was a yummy hit last week here at our house! The recipe does not call for any meat, so I did not use any... However, I am going to make again next week, and think that I will add bacon, just for variety and a rustic taste.. ( I was wonderful without though...)
Also, I used "Cappellini" pasta for a fun texture..It woudl be fun to make with all kinds of fun pasta shapes though...

Penne Alla Vodka
Love: Jenny Burdge

1 Box of Penne pasta ( or any shape that you find interesting!)
1/2 to 1 Cup frozen peas
2 Tbs Olive Oil
1 garlic, minced fine
1/3 chopped shallot ( I used regular white onion minced fine)
1/4 Cup Vodka
2 Cups Marinara Sauce
6 ounces of cream cheese broken into chunks.

Cook pasta in boiling water. Add peas just before draining pasta. Heat olive oil in a saucepan. Add shallots ( onions) and garlic, cook about 3 minutes. Add Vodka, boil until evaporated, 2 minutes.Stir in Marinara sauce, simmer 2 minutes. Blend well. Stir in cream cheese, cook until melted. Drain pasta and peas. Return to pot, and sauce, and toss.

Enjoy!
love,
Jenny

No comments: