I have a new chapter ( for the book some of my fun sense of humored friends keep encouraging me to write!) This one will be called " Make Sure You Know your Pet Is Dead, Before You Burry It!"
Aden and Alec have two hermit crabs ( Harry and Skateboard.) Aden, head hanging low, came out of his room a few nights ago holding Harry's shell, with his lifeless, somewhat dusty, and super dead remains. Well, sadly, Aden and his Daddy decided that they needed to bury Harry in the backyard.
Then, in a sudden flurry of happiness, Aden came back into the kitchen and yelled " Mom, Mom, Harry had a baby and left it in the bottom of his shell!"
Speachless, and humbled ( yet again as I reflected how I seriously should have paid closer attention in 8th grade science class.) All I could utter was " I have no idea what this is all about, or what has actually happened in the lifecycle of little Harry....."
I then hurried myself to a favorite website "Ask Jeeves," and learned all about hermit crabs. You know, how they molt ( giving myself a few mental pointers that "No Jenny, they actually do not have 'babies in the bottom of their shells.') And then went and shared my newly found knowledge with our kiddos.They were all quite amazed!
Never a dull moment, I can sure say.....
Love,
Jenny

No comments:
Post a Comment