Stoney and I have always had a unique bond. From the moment I first saw her, when she was a few weeks old, and I was 12 years old, we were tied together by heartstrings. This was the beginning of a sweet relationship that means so much to me. We have so many memories.
From her as a baby, who used to want me to rock her to sleep. Into a little toddler who would imitate me on the phone chatting to my teenage friends. Sitting on the back of my bike riding all around Portsmouth , Va where we lived. Going to the park, where she loved to swing. Then as an elementary kiddo who would come to stay with me when I was in college. Stoney and I still laugh remembering how I always wanted them with and near me, even to the point that I always wanted the three of us to sleep in a twin bed so we would be "together." Our Mom would say " Jenny, you will not get a bit of sleep!" But I didn't care.
Stoney has grown into this wonderfully unique and amazing woman. She is full of life and appreciation for it. There are so many qualities I love and admire in her. She is an artist at heart, loving, kind, gentle, genuine, unpretentious,thoughtful, deep and introspective thinker, independent, healthy, strong, loves adventure, appreciates nature, open minded, trust worthy, and intellegent. (I was in amazement as I sat back and saw her tutor Arian for his Chemistry final!)
I am so grateful that she took the time to come and be with our little family. I am looking forward to us all being back in the states to spend a lifetime making many more memories.
I love you Stoney,
Jen

1 comment:
how in the world did i miss you had another sis? sweet post!
we'll be home in 5-6 weeks to visit... can't w\ait to hug your neck!...if you'll forgive me for being a horrible keep-in-touch-er!
love you!
Post a Comment