Monday, June 14, 2010

A Date




Since Audrey broke her ankle a few months ago, I had promised her that when she got her cast off, she and I would have a special "date" to go and get a little pedicure. A new salon in town had a $10.00 special for children, so last week, she and I set off for our day together.
First, we made a little stop at Starbucks. She got a pretty pink and pearl sprinkle doughnut. She also chose Rasberry Water... And fyi for you Moms who might have kids in tow with you at Starbucks, a fun treat for the kids is water with a flavored syrup. Its just .40 cents. They get to get a little something (and it doesn't cost $3.50.) A handy tip my sister taught me.
Then, we headed to get our pedicure. She had been filled with excitement all morning and by 10:00am, she was about to burst! We had never done this before and she grinned from ear to ear during the entire hour. From the moment she saw the wall of nail colors to chose, to the little foot massage etc.. she really felt special. She seemed to savor each moment.
Finally,our last stop was at Bath and Body to get a new summer lip gloss. We sampled and smelled ( i think) everything in the store before making the tough decision of "the one."
It was a really sweet day for she and I. I enjoyed watching her pick and choose. Savoring the moments, and just time alone with her. I love that one on one time that is so hard to come by. Just really special, for her, and especially for me!
Love,
Jenny

No comments: