Sunday, June 20, 2010

Jb's Birthday!







Yesterday we celebrated Jb's Birthday! He requested: Meatloaf, Mashed potatoes, Fried Okra, and Homade Carrot Cake. So, I spent the majority of the day in the kitchen ( happily, of course... It is afterall, one of the things I enjoy doing most.)
Anyway, since many of our friends, who are all across the world, have not had the experience in getting to eat our very Southern dish of Fried Okra, I included a step by step picture account while I made it.
I will post the Carrot Cake recipe soon. It was really one of the best recipes I have found. I am always trying new ones since its Jb's favorite. This one was a Souther living recipe. It was called "Carrot Cake Supreme." And it lived up to it's name for sure..
Love,
Jenny

1 comment:

Valentina said...

Hi Jenny! This is Valentina from Facebook-I added you through Krista's page! I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I love to cook so I'll definitely trying some of your recipes soon. I want to learn how to make Spanish Flan, especially!