Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Heavens

When your husband enjoys photography as mine does, it is hard to try and take pictures of things like nature, scenery ( basically anything other than tidbits of "this and that" from homelife,) that are even worth sharing with anyone.
But on our drive home from our precious friends' house on Easter Sunday, I saw the Heavens literally open before me.
Maybe it had something to do with the fact that the backdrop being Texas. Pecan trees, open rolling hills, along a two lane highway? Certainly reminded me of many Sunday car rides with my Grandma, Grandpa, Amy, and Tommy, that were a regular part of my childhood. What I do know is the serenity I felt as I gazed out into the sky. A day filled remembering and worshiping my Savior rising...

Peace

Contentment

Hope

Faith

Knowing that everything here on this earth is so very temporal, so small. And that one day, I will be up there with Him face to face.

Love,
Jenny

No comments: