Saturday, April 17, 2010

Garage Sale Treasures


Today I got up, out and about early to hit a few garage sales. I took our Aden, Alec, and wonderful friend, Micah, (who is here for the weekend with us.) The four of us had such a sweet time popping from one sale to another.
On the car ride,to our first stop, we had an opportunity to chat about how "we never know what we will find," as that is part of the fun! The boys were eager with anticipation for a good toy find.
On this day, I found some wonderful treasures. A few of them being: a silver hotel creamer from the Roosevelt Hotel in New York. A few children's classics-one being Jonah ( written in the 1950's and absolutely beautiful in its simple and original artwork.) The caldecott winner (The Country Bunny) was another great book find. Also among the find was a very cool peuter and ceramic bowl, and an old crockery plate! Can I just say I had glee from excitement?
And the boys, well they got their wishes fullfilled too! They found 3 sets of Schliech knights and their horses. These are very neat, from Germany, and normally cost about $25.00 per set.

I always love the thrill that garage sales offer. We always start out praying that God would bless our time, and if He wishes that we would find unique items, that we normally would not be able to get... Even more, I love coming home and pondering where to put each original new found treasure!!

Happy Saturday,
Love,
Jenny

No comments: