
So..... I am driving along the highway yesterday, and I see this little squirrel scampering back and forth in this whirlwind of motion. It caught my attention for two reasons:
One, I usually don't see this type of critter in the highway median. Residential streets, yes, highways, no. "How odd I thought.... That's not where squirrels live and play!"
Secondly, he was clearly beyond frantic. The way he was scurrying. He went back, forth,back forth, to the right, to the left, zigging and zagging.... He clearly had ZERO idea how to get out of this median, cross a three lane highway, and back to the safety of the woods, that lie just feet away. He looked so lost, scared, and clearly way out of his element! I glanced across the highway to see where he was (clearly) trying to get to. A safe haven..... Green forest, with large trees, full of acorns, probably little squirrel family and friends. Just where he belonged!
Instead, he was alone, in this highway, completely lost.
How did he get there? How did he leave the forest and get out so over his head? Who knows.....
But, I couldn't help see me in that little squirrel. God has given me a safe haven. A place of rest, comfort, and security, in His word. How many times have I jumped across the highway, into a lost place? I do it to myself. My selfish pride, arrogance, and rebellion. Ohh, how God spoke to clearly to me when I saw the strong resemblance of me in this tiny creature, Which, by the way, is at times, known for acting so ignorant in so many ways!
Then, I continued to drive home. Reflecting on what I had seen. Such a little detail of life. Then I found myself thanking God for this example. Thanking Him for gently reminding me,that I am sadly,in so many ways, just like that little squirrel, in need of hope and shelter.
Yet, so often I am too ignorant, prideful, and selfish to take it.
For us, there is only ONE way.... Through Jesus, and Jesus alone.
Ahhh, the comfort and security He longs for us to have through Him alone. He is there waiting, with open arms... No matter what we get ourselves into, He alone is our refuge, our safe haven!
Love,
Jenny
Jenny

No comments:
Post a Comment