4th Edition of Saturday Seven...
1. Going to the TWU pool ( where my grandpa worked) and watching " The Young and The Restless"in the Student Union. Amy and I also loved swimming in the big pool! My grandma would pick us up, and have the car seats covered in plastic and the ac full blast! ( brrrrr...)
2. Laying in my grandma's "big ol bed" with my sister and grandma. We ate grandma's homade Cheeseball and Ritz crackers, Pink Lemonade pie, coke floats, and watched "Love Connection."
3. Going to Fort Worth, eating out at "Kips Big Boy", going to the zoo, Water Gardens, and riding the little train, with Grandma, Grandpa, Tommy, and Amy.
4. Having my Grandma rub my arms gently, as I fell asleep as she sang " I walk Through the Valley Alone..." and "Down By The Ol Mill Stream!"
5. Grandma playing Candy Store with Amy and I . We would "buy candy" and she would be the clerk and have little coins, candy , and paper receipts to play with.....
6. Watching grandma and grandpa get ready for their Bridge Club every few weeks. The house would be so pretty and lovely, wonderful food, card tables set and ready for all the couples, and they both looked so handsome!
7. Going shopping at Dillards, while my sweet grandpa waited ( and waited for a grandma and her two granddaughters) to "shop for just a minute..."
Love,
Jenny
No comments:
Post a Comment