Sunday, January 31, 2010

Thrifting





Something I love to do is thrift shop. I do have to confess that 99% of our clothes come from our local thrift stores. There are a few here in town that are especially my favorites. I like each for different reasons. One ( Denton Thrift) I like especially for the kids. They have a huge selection and great name brands. The other store ( Friends of the Family) has got to have the kindest most cheerful group of people working there, its just nice to go in.
Friday, I popped into both and found some great treasures. I got new shirts for the boys ( Gap, Billabong, and Urban Outfitters brands) paying from .49 cents to $1.29. Found Audrey sweet (Gap and J Crew) shirts. I even hit the jackpot for me... I found a wonderful Bananna Republic 100% wool sweater, and a Bananna republic shirts ( $1.00 each.)
My grand total was $15.00 for: 3 ladies sweaters, 5 boys tops, 5 little girl tops, one pair of brand- new Old Navy flip flops ( ofr Arian), and a sweet little toile bag, perfect for a 5 year olds toting of lipglosses, journal, and barbies....
This goes along way towards our monthly "Clothing Budget." And I do have to say, that part of this kind of shopping is not just the fun in the hunt for the little treasures (you never know what surprises are there to be found.)
But also, knowing how much money I am really saving, brings great satisfaction and a feeling of financial prudence.
Love,
Jenny


No comments: