I made this recipe for Sweedish Meatballs this week. Can I just say, that I used two pounds of ground beef ? The family enjoyed this recipe alot. So much so, that as we were almost done eating, I shouted: "STOP! Do not eat the last meatball, I need a picture of them for the blog!" So, here you have it, the Sweedish Meatball recipe ( and half a photo to go with it....)Hope your family enjoys them as much as mine did....
Swedish Meatballs
Love: Jenny Burdge ( from Rockport, MA)
2 Ilb Ground beef
1 Cup Bread crumbs
¾ Cup Milk
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 egg
½ onion diced fine
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp mustard
Gravy:
Saute’ about 1-2 cups of fresh mushrooms in 3- 4 Tbsp butter. When golden brown, add about 4 heaping tablespoon of flour, whisk fast, then add ( right away) about 3 Cups milk. Whisk continuously. You may add more flour to thicken to your taste. Add salt and pepper ( plenty to taste!!!) When combined and smooth, add 1 Can of beef broth ( or I make mine using 1 ½ Cup of water and beef boullion.)( I don’t buy soup to cook with normally..)J way cheaper and tastier!!
Directions:
Make meatballs: Mix ingredients and shape into balls, or desired size. Cook in hot oil over medium heat, turning occasionally, until brown, about 20 minutes. ( drain excess fat.)
Add gravy ( that you made above) and simmer about 30 minutes.
I serve alongside homeade mashed potatoes.
Love,
Jenny

No comments:
Post a Comment