Monday, April 6, 2009

Beef Paprika


I made this a few days ago and it was so good! it is so very similar to Beef Stroganoff. However, with just these few ( although very important) little variences in ingredients, that is what gives ths dish a very rustic, warm, and home-goodness twist!
(I used a "Smoked Papirika," and that made it extra tasty.)

Beef Paprika, Rockport, Ma
Love:Jenny Burdge
2 1/2 Pounds lean beef ( or pot roast, or steak, cut into small pieces.) ( I used ground beef.)
1 onion, chopped
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp Mustard
3 Tbsp Paprika
1 C. Ketchup
1 C. Water
2 tsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp Salt
1 tsp pepper

Add in last 1/2 hour:
1 Ilb fresh mushrooms ( I used baby Portabellas)
1C. Fresh plain yogurt

Brown beef and onion. Mix other ingredients.Pour over meet.Simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Serve over noodles or rice.

Love,
Jenny

No comments: