Sunday, June 15, 2008

Green Bean-and-Tomato Pasta Salad

I just made this ( for the first time!) for Jb's surprise 4oth birthday today! It was a hit and very yummy. I think it would be a great salad to add to your next summer BBQ!!!

Green Bean-and-Tomato Pasta Salad
1/2 ( 16 ounce) package of sea shell pasta
1/2 llb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces ( or I used frozen green beans, and therefore I just thawed them and did not cook them. They stayed so pretty and green that way.)
1 Cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 Cup Basil- Hoeny-Garlic Vinaigrette

Bring a large dutch oven of salted water to a boil over medium- high heat. Add pasta, cook 5 minutes. Add fresh green beans ( if using fresh, not frozen,) and cook 5 minutes or until pasta is tender but still firm to the bite and green beans are tender. Drain and rinse with cold water;place in a large bowl.

Add tomatoes and vinaigrette, tossing to coat. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 2 hours. ( I sreved it cold.)

Basil-Honey-Garlic Vinaigrette
1 garlic clove chopped very fine
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 Cup olive oil
1/3 Cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
2 Tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper

Chop garlic very fine and mix with salt. Whisk together garlic, salt, oil, and remaining ingredients until blended. Mix well into pasta.

Enjoy!
Jenny

No comments: