But for me " Have Daughter, Will Craft!" is beginning to be my new adopted motto!
So, a few weeks ago, Audrey and I were in Michaels and she saw this little girly pumpkin, she wanted to make so very badly. With great hesitation ( and fear,) I (being the very visual and literal person that I am,) began to stand and literally draw out the pumpkin that was on display.
Within minutes, this ever-so-kind Michael's employee came and said to me " You know, you could take a picture of that with your phone, instead of drawing it?" "Ohh, of course I could. Just one problem, "I have no idea just how to do that," ( silly non electronic me....) replied to her.
Anyway, after a 10 minute tutorial on how my little phone really does take a picture, we were off collecting the supplies through-out the store. Piece by piece, instruction by instruction, I followed exactly what our helping friend guided me to do.
We got it all home, and laid it all out. I was committed that we would get this sweet craft done by that evening, (or there would be great risk in it not happening until Christmas! )
But, we did it! We started, and completed the pumpkin! The important thing was how much Audrey enjoyed making it. For me, I practiced working at the "joy" part of that word... But end the end, I really did find great joy in helping Audrey create something that was important to her. It turned out just how she had hoped, which had been my prayer from the very beginning....
Love,
Jenny

No comments:
Post a Comment