Friday, February 6, 2009

Indian Chicken


I made this last week and I am not kidding, my kiddos have asked for it everyday since! Even the night beofre Alec's tonsilectomy, I asked what was a favorite meal, that I could make, and he said " That yummy chicken, ohh... and don't forget the rice!"
I found it to be very savory and flavorful......Really comforting...

Indian Chicken
Love: Jenny Burdge

3 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oli
1- 3 1lb ( 1.2 kilos) Chicken cut up
1 medium onion, chopped
3 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp Curry
1 Tsp Ginger
2 tsp salt
fresh ground pepper to taste
1/3 Cup honey
1/4 Cup soy sauce
3 Cup Chicken broth or bouillon

* Serve with Rice ( I cook about 3 cups, while the chicken is baking.)

In a large skillet, heat butter, olive oil, and chicken. Cook chicken until browned.
Remove the chicken from the skillet and place in a baking dish.
Preheat oven to 350 ( 200 C.)
In the skillet, in remaining juices, the onion untill golden.

Combine the: flour, curry powder, ginger, salt, and pepper and add to the onions.
Combine the: honey, soy, and chicken bouillon ( or broth) and add to the onion and season mixture.
Cook all together over med/high heat, stirring until sauce thickens.

Pour the sauce over chicken and bake, uncovered, about 1 hour.
Serve with rice. ( I prefer Jasmine rice or a Basmati.)

Love,
Jenny

No comments: