Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Wise Councel

This is Eileen Morse, aka " The woman I want to be when I grow up!" She is to me, the example (in literally every sense of the word,) a Godly woman.
Above all, she loves the Lord. She is an encourager of His word by living His word.

The funny thing is, I know Eileen would never ever want me to write any of this about her. She really would not. ( In fact, I hope its okay that I have!) But I wanted to share with you a little bit about this special woman, for two reason really:
One, to share the how she has had such a profound impact on my and my family's life for the past 10 years.
Secondly, I wanted to encourage each of you ( if you don't already have the blessing of one) to find such a mentor type friend in your own life. Or, be a mentor to someone that God may have placed in your life.
I just can't tell you how impactful it will be for you both. ( okay, if you ask Eileen to define the "impact," I wonder what she just might say? he he!!!)

Eileen has in fact had such a deep and lasting impact on my life in so many ways. She has helped me to be spiritually accountable, given advice ( always when asked...and man, do I ask!!!) She continues to encourage me throughout each changing season in The Burdge Family. She lovingly guides me, not just by her ways, but most importantly, God's word and His ways, and above all, she leads by example.

If you are so blessed to have an "Eileen" in your life, hang on to her. Thank God for her, bring her around your children, and let them see a living legend..

Thank you, Eileen for loving the Lord in the precious way that you do. Thank you for setting forth the example whether it be in your dailyness ( like rising at 4:30 am,) committing to meet me every other week at 6:00 am, just to encourage and lift me up.
I feel so many times that I offer very little to our friendship, and yet, watch you continually love and serve me.
Thank you for listening and supporting me in this endevour of motherhood, being a wife, and a woman. I love you dearly.

Love,
Jenny

No comments: