Monday, October 13, 2008

Audrey's Cup

Ohhh........... there it sat. The sippy cup! As I saw it this morning (mind you, taking up residence in it's new spot in the back of the cabinet.) It was such a subtle reminder in the passing of time.
You Mamas remember the days; The days when you had at least two sippy cups (within arms reach) all the time? From the moment your baby/toddler woke ( therefore you waking too,) until they fell fast asleep ( ahhh, that moment you could do that thing called sit, or even go to the bathroom.....) The days that seemed to last ( for at least) 48 hours. And the physical exhaustion (at the end of that day,) to prove that in fact, it had gone on at least that long ( by your physical body's standards anyway...) These days are now something you only read about and remember through your personal journals.

Well, as I stopped and looked at this little sippy cup of Audrey's, I was gently reminded again that time is precious. And really, it does fly by. (I even found myself saying the ol' cliche' about it. And suddenly, I even felt alot older...)

So for now, I pray for the peace inside, while I am embracing each new season. I will keep the sippy cup, you know, for a friend's baby who comes over, needing to borrow a cup. Or mabey, when we babysit a baby or toddler who is in need of a sippy cup.
The key words to my heart here are a "friend's baby," or a visiting baby," meaning not my own baby...... Because now, my babies are growing and the sippy cup has been replaced by Capri Sun, Chocolate milk, and the occasional Coke......

For some moms, the passage into each new season is exciting. Some, I think may even have a sense of relief. Others, it may be an unsure challenge into the unknown.
And for others, ( uhhh, hummmm, yours truly.....) mabey a mixture of all.

May God bless each of your current and upcoming seasons with your wee ones with peace and wisdom that dwells deep in your heart! May He show you your own "sippy cup" and flood your heart with sweet memories of the passage of time. Memories that He gave you the privledge of having, and time He blessed you with!

Love,
Jenny

No comments: