Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Raw Milk- We're Hooked!






The Burdge family has made the switch ( or should I say, returned to our little Spanish roots..... he he!) We have gone back to drinking raw milk, (as we did for five years in our littlle village of Gines, Spain.)

Just like then, as we got it from our local dairy there ( okay, the milk man brought it straight to our door...lovely, yes....) We are buying it now from a local dairy farm. Laurie and I take turns to head out too Lindsay, Tx ( about 45 minutes from Denton) where we buy four to five gallons ( each) at a time, and freeze three of them. They do great being frozen and thawing, so thats a special plus.

There is so much research on the health benefits of drinking raw milk. I wont bore you with my little piddly synopsis. You can find plenty of research online or at the library.However, being married to a man who grew up on a real farm, and drinking real milk- its so worth it to us in taste, quality, and health benefits. An extra blessing for us is letting the children see that milk is made from cows, NOT Target. Having them be aware that our farmer works so very hard to care for his cows and produce wholesome food for us, is very important we feel.

I do have to say another huge part that has become important to us is supporting a local farmer, and his family who are making an honest living. I am amazed at the work, dedication, and quality in making and good product that he puts toward his farm. And our family is humbled to be able to share in the bountiful fruit of his labor.



Love,

Jenny






No comments: